- Collaborate with the Corporate Communications department (if your organization has one)
- Conduct a vehicle analysis
- Conduct an audience analysis
- Determine the review process for various types of communications and vehicles
- Create a detailed communication plan
- Write communications - keep them short, simple, and relevant
- Spell check, grammar check, and have someone else do a second review
- Develop and monitor feedback channels - remember...communication is a two-way activity!
- Update your communication plan based on feedback you receive
- When you think you've communicated enough, communicate more
Let me know: What is the most effective communication you have ever received at work?